Tea cleanses are among the latest trends used even by celebrities, as this detox provides numerous benefits across the board. From helping you to lose weight, to potentially helping lower your blood pressure, to even being beneficial to your complexion, a tea cleanse maybe something you want to think about as we get ready to start the new year.
At LeClair Skincare in Phoenix we totally understand that people want to do what’s best, what’s healthiest for their bodies, like a tea cleanse for instance. And this is exactly why we only have products that feature the best ingredients from nature. Some do in fact include teas as we’ve thoroughly researched and consequently understand the many health benefits. Which is why we thought we’d offer an overview of the tea cleanse and look at how it truly does benefit your body.
The Tea Cleanse and Its Many Benefits
So what exactly is a tea cleanse anyway, you might be asking…Essentially the goal of this particular cleanse is to drink anywhere from 5 to 7 cups of tea a day over a set period of time (generally from seven to ten days). Unlike some other detoxes, a tea cleanse is not about consuming only tea for a span of time, but tea in conjunction with a healthier overall diet. So during the cleanse cut down on processed and fatty foods, limit dairy, and up your fruit and veggie intake, as this will hasten the effects of any cleanse.
What kinds of teas should you be drinking…Green teas are definitely known for being incredibly high in antioxidants and have been praised for centuries for the tremendous impact they have on all aspects or the body. Some suggest specialized and herbal teas such as ginger tea, rose hip and matcha.
A few of the benefits that you may realize upon embarking on a tea detox:
- Helps calm and soothe you. Certain teas, for instance lavender and chamomile, have been known to allow you to better relax and thus ease some of the stress of the day. Ridding the body of stress is obviously going to be highly beneficial.
- Can help with weight loss. Many celebrities have suggested that their tea cleanse did in fact help their weight loss efforts. As the tea acts is a diuretic, it definitely helps reduce bloating.
- Cleans your system of toxins. Especially with something like green tea—super high in antioxidants—it speeds up the release of free radicals and thus serves to detoxify the body faster.
LeClair Skincare: Why We Use Tea
A number of our organic products actually do incorporate tea:
- Green Tea Toner: Again, you simply can’t top the amount of antioxidants that green tea possesses. These in turn help repair and then replenish the skin’s moisture. Overall a completely soothing effect.
- Organic Acai Lemongrass Toner: Beyond containing Green Tea extract, this toner also packs an incredible, heathy punch with ingredients such as seaweed extract and white willowbark extract. It clarifies and even promotes circulation.
The benefits of tea are undeniable—at Phoenix’s LeClair Skincare, we certainly are believers in the power of tea!